COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
May 13, 2021
Things are looking bright! The CDC has issued new relaxed guidance for mask wearing and Governor Inslee’s office has followed suit. The pandemic is not over and we are not quite out of the woods yet. But rest assured that Aria Ballroom is doing everything we can to help you continue to follow your dancing dreams, while keeping the health and safety of every student and teacher foremost in our minds. All Aria Ballroom staff have been educated as to the symptoms of COVID-19 and are practicing safe hygiene. Please take a moment to read through these student guidelines.
Every client stepping foot in the studio has a responsibility to help protect the health and well-being of their fellow dancers.
Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 who has not yet recovered or who has not yet completed the required 14-day quarantine; who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 24 hours; and those who have had contact with someone who had or was suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days are not allowed to enter the ballroom.
PRIOR TO ENTRY
- COVID-19 Consent Waiver: Please sign the COVID-19 consent waiver prior to resuming lessons, if you have not already done so. Return this to your teacher or the front desk before your first lesson so they can log it into the system. You will only be required to do this once. Download this form at the bottom of this page or by clicking here.
- Liability Waiver: According to CDC guidelines and those provided to us by the Governor, students over the age of 65 or who are immunocompromised are considered to be “high risk” and particularly vulnerable at this time. Any “High Risk” client will be required to sign a separate waiver of liability before returning to the studio. (You can download this form below, or right here.)
- Could you be considered “High Risk”? Watch this video from the CDC for more information.
- Masks: Our teachers are all fully vaccinated and, as per the CDC guidance, are not required to wear their masks in the studio while teaching, practicing, or otherwise. If you would feel more comfortable having your teacher wear their mask for the duration of your lesson, please discuss this directly with your teacher. We are committed to making you feel as comfortable and safe as possible as we slowly and gradually return to normal. Students who are fully vaccinated are also not required to wear their masks in the studio. Please note that “fully vaccinated” means 14 days after the date of your final shot. If you have not been fully vaccinated, for whatever reason, please continue to wear your mask in order to protect those who cannot be vaccinated. This is particularly important because, as you may know, Aria Ballroom has a prolific youth program with many students under the age of 12 who are currently ineligible for the vaccine. We ask that you do your part in helping to keep the children in our studio safe.
- Social Distancing: In order to promote social distancing, a limited number of private lessons will be allowed at any one time. Private practice will be strictly limited. We appreciate all our students’ understanding, patience and flexibility during this time.
ONCE INSIDE THE BALLROOM:
- No Changing Rooms: We apologize for the inconvenience, but the changing rooms will be off limits to all students at this time. Please wear your training attire to the ballroom, and bring your own towel with you to the studio.
- Wash Your Hands: Immediately upon entering the ballroom, please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer. Also, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer again at the end of the lesson. Our teachers will be doing the same.
- Private Practice: Private practice will be limited to only those students who are currently taking private lessons at Aria Ballroom. If the floor is too crowded for personal practice, or should a private lesson begin during a practice session that would make the floor too crowded, any student not currently engaged in a private lesson shall wait for space to open up on the dance floor.
- Water and Food: As the studio will not be providing water bottles, we ask that you bring your own personal water bottle. The water fountain may be used only as a place to refill your water bottle. Only one person shall be allowed at the water fountain at a time, therefore if someone else is using the fountain, we ask that you practice safe social distancing while awaiting your turn.
- The Music Station: Students will not be allowed to touch the music station for any reason. Should you wish to change the music, please ask a member of the staff to switch the music system for you.
Downloadable Guides and Forms
Simeon and Kora of the Aria Ballroom Management