March 14, 2020
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Aria Ballroom is doing its part in helping to curb the infection rates by cancelling all group classes and social dance parties. We are currently still open for private lessons, and encourage all healthy individuals to continue to come in for their private lessons. The Aria Ballroom management is working closely with teachers in order to ensure that private lessons are spaced out throughout the day in order to ensure as few people in the ballroom as possible.
Furthermore, all Aria Ballroom staff have been educated as to the symptoms of COVID-19 and are practicing safe hygiene. While we have our janitor cleaning and disinfecting the studio on a daily basis, all teachers are instructed to wash their hands before and after every lesson and are adhering to health advisories as set forth by the CDC and the Washington State Public Health Authority. We would like to ask students to do the same. This includes:
- washing your hands immediately upon entering the ballroom and wash them again at the conclusion of your lesson
- should you need to cough or sneeze, DO NOT DO IT IN YOUR ELBOW! Cover your cough or sneeze with you hand, then politely excuse yourself to go wash your hands again
- bring your own water bottles, plates and utensils (if you intend to eat at the studio) as the management has put away all disposable plates, etc
- if you experience any of the symptoms of COVID-19, even if you are not yet confirmed, STAY HOME! The symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
- (can include) headache
- (can include) severe muscle aches and pains
- if you have been in the studio recently and find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being confirmed as having COVID-19, please reach out to Kora or Simeon and let them know. Your identity and information will be kept confidential, but it is imperative that they are informed so that they can make the appropriate decisions regarding the health of their employees and clients.
We are also working hard on online group class alternatives and will be rolling out those alternatives within the week. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time with any questions or concerns. Please keep checking back on either this page, or our Facebook and Instagram accounts for up-to-date information.
We want to do everything in our power to create a safe and healthy environment for everyone to be able to pursue their ballroom dancing dreams!
Simeon and Kora of the Aria Ballroom Management