Join us for a fun social ballroom dance party on February 16th, 2019, celebrating Valentine’s Day. DJ Terry West will be with us all evening playing the best of ballroom dance music. Come to the group class at 7:15pm, which will be on the romantic Rumba. Then stay for the social dance party from 8pm until 10:30pm. We have plenty of free parking all around our building.
Regular Dance Class and Party
Everything will be the same as a regular party and the price is $12 as normal. However, we do have a VIP section that will have several teachers available to dance with. The class will be on International Rumba and will be for all levels.
Special VIP Section
Our VIP section will include several of our instructors to dance with. They will be dancing with the VIP guests until 9:30pm. VIP seats are $25 and also include a nice table seat with refreshments and snacks. Please email Simeon – firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot at the VIP section.
Invite Your Friends
All of our Social Dance Parties are open to the public so if you have family or friends that would like to join us for this fun dance event bring them in. You can purchase entrance directly at the dance party or reserve a spot ahead of time by emailing Simeon – email@example.com. Hope to see you all there.
Group Dance Classes:
If you would like to check out our other dance classes you can visit our dance class page or our calendar on the home page. We have classes for all levels of dancers from Level 1 through Level 4. If you or your family/friends have never taken advantage of our Intro Dance Package the link is below. Click here to sign up for our group classes, or check out our calendar here!
Benefits of Social Dancing:
Doctors are finally making the connection between social ballroom dancing and your physical and mental health. Here are some well known benefits:
- Reduces Stress and Tension – just 30 minutes of social dancing can balance out a whole day of stress.
- Increases Energy and Improves Strength – dancing is a completely natural and intuitive way to get your body in good shape and increase your energy. Forget the boring treadmills and come social dancing.
- Increase Muscle Tone and Coordination – social dancing is perfect for toning without building muscle mass.
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease – studies show that regular social dancing improves cardiovascular health more than cycling or walking.
- Decrease Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Help Manage Your Weight – social dancing is a great way to lose weight and can burn as many calories as walking, swimming or riding a bike. Just 30 minutes of social dancing can burn between 200 and 400 calories. Yay!!!
- Strengthen Bones – dance is a weight bearing exercise which can prevent osteoporosis and strengthen bones.
- Increase Stamina and Flexibility – social dance is a great way to increase stamina and of course flexibility but much more fun that the gym.
- Build Confidence and Self-Esteem – dance gives you sense of success and achievement.
- Meet People – This is probably the most important benefit to social ballroom dancing. A typical dance will include over 50 songs so you have plenty of opportunities to meet others and make new friends in a friendly and fun atmosphere.
- Improved Well-Being – social dancing has been shown to raise endorphins, also known as the “feel good” chemicals. Even a little social dancing will improve your mood greatly.
So join us on February 16th for some fun or why not every Saturday and Sunday night. See you all on the dance floor.